Saturday, April 04, 2009

THE CALL

Oh my, yesterday was exciting! We started out the day with our normal off to work routine. I told Russman maybe I would be calling him today and he replied with his standard "I hope so!" which has become routine over the last few weeks while we've been waiting. I made it to work and checked the rumor queen, but still nothing - no news on these precious referrals.

About 10:00am I took another look at Rumor Queen to learn that phone calls were being made in the US. Well, you can just imagine the excitement that finally this day had come! I immediately sent out the emails to everyone and called Russman to let him know that the calls were being made. I think he was in shock - much like myself! However, all this excitement turned course when the email from our agency arrived saying that they did confirm a package was on the way but would not arrive till Monday! With this news I again sent the emails and called Russman to let them know and we all settled into this news that Monday would be "the day"!

After getting back from lunch, I was paged for a phone call on line 1. I answered and the conversation went something like this:

"This is Angie"

"Angie, this is Allison (our case worker)"

"What are you doing calling me, you're not suppose to call till Monday!"

"Well, I'm calling you today and you need to get Rusty and call me back!"

The next part is a blur but I'm pretty sure I screamed, said we would call right back and hung up. Then began the phone calls to Grandma telling her to get here now, and of course, Rusty - who was not answering his phone! Are you kidding me!! Seriously, you are not answering - went through my mind! I then called his work number and waited for them to find him. Finally he answered and I said we got our call! I know he was shocked and said "Em, okay - I"ll get there as soon as I can!" Come to find out, his work was total chaos and to make a long story short, he finally came barging thru the doors at 4:30! In the meantime, I had made numerous phone calls while waiting with my parents for his arrival! Finally, the call was made! We've posted the video, but of course, our battery went dead during the call! I can tell right now that a couple of more batteries are on the top of our shopping list!

We are so thrilled with our news and relieved to know our baby girl seems to be healthy and in foster care getting some TLC. We are also excited to know she will hopefully spend her 1st birthday with us! It sounds like we may be planning a birthday party in China! All the more fun!

We will post more Monday - when hopefully the rest of the packet is translated and can be sent! Until then, enjoy!!

4 comments:

Stephen Frazee said...

My words are few, mostly just tears. I am so happy for you and Emma. She is a special little girl who is lucky enough to find such a wonderful and devoted mommy & daddy. Enjoy! The ride goes real fast. I love you and thank you for sharing your special event with me. I feel honored to be a part of it.

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness, I love days like this when you get to see new little faces...Congrats to you and your husband on your baby girl. I love the name Emma - that's what we're naming our little girl. Can't wait till Monday to see her picture.
Sherri

Connie J said...

Batteries for sure :) Loved watching your video and we're so excited for you!
Connie
(Dillon and Lifeline mom)

Aunt J said...

Angie,

My heart sings for you! I am sooo happy for you! I wish I could have been there to share in your excitment! Miss working with ya girlie!

Bless you all!

Janel